The 2013 DOST Scholarship Application Form is now available and can be downloaded here. The DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Programs are open yearly to talented and deserving students who wish to pursue 4 or 5-year courses in priority science and technology fields.
There are two categories available, the RA 7687 Scholarships and the Merit Scholarships. RA 7687 Scholarship are for applicants whose family belong to the low socio-economic status based on the parent’s income, electric bills, and total family income. The Merit Scholarship are for applicants regardless of their socio-economic status and has to pay a non-refundable testing fee of P200.
Who are qualified to take the exams? Those who are currently fourth year high school students who belong to a special science class identified by DOST-SEI or recognized by DepEd or those belonging to the upper 5% of the graduating regular class are qualified to take the exam.
Deadline for filing of application is on 05 October 2011 (Friday) and the nationwide conduct of the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination is on 18 November 2011 (Sunday). There will be three (3) testing centers in Negros Occidental, namely:
- Technological University of the Philippines in Talisay City for the Districts 3, 4 and Lone District;
- Kabankalan City (venue to be announced) for Districts 5 and 6; and
- Sagay City (venue to be announced) for Districts 1 and 2.
Last year there were 120 students who passed the 2012 DOST Scholarship and are now enrolled in various science and technology priority courses.
Those who will pass the scholarship exam may avail of the following privileges:
- Tuition and other school fees not to exceed Php 6,000/semester/term.
- Allowance for prescribed textbooks and essential school supplies at Php 5,000/academic
- Outright grant for prescribed Military Science/Physical Education uniform of Php 500.00 for first semester, first year only.
- Free transportation for one economy-class round trip fare between permanent residence and place of study on reimbursement basis (for those studying outside of their home province).
- Monthly living allowance for a 10-11month duration depending on the awardee’s scholarships category as full, partial, or special which shall be based on certain socioeconomic indicators:
- For those who will pursue BS Physics, BS Applied Physics, BS Physics for Teachers and BSE Physics Teaching, Geology and Mining Engineering, a monthly living allowance of Php 5,000/P3,150/P2,825; for full/partial/special scholarship, respectively.
- For those who will pursue other DOST priority courses, a monthly living allowance of Php 4,000.00/Php2,400/Php 2,200 for full/partial/special scholarship, respectively
- Post-graduation clothing allowance of P1,000
Download the form by clicking the links below:
You may also get the 2013 DOST Scholarship Forms at the DOST Negros Occidental Provincial Office at Cottage Road, Bacolod City or call them at 7070170.
You may also visit Science-Scholarships.ph for more information.2013 DOST Scholarship Application Forms Now Available by Glady Reyes