Have you dined with Vikings Bacolod? If you have, I’m sure you were at first overwhelmed with the variety of food choices, at least I was and I ended feeling bloated. But after several visits, I learned a few things in order to get the best value for money and enjoy my Vikings Bacolod experience. For first timers, here are 10 tips on how you can get the most from Vikings Bacolod.
1. Be mindful of your health first. Let’s admit it, we all love food but because of that some of us have already developed diet-related health concerns. If you have diabetes, hypertension, or other diet-related disease, consider this first before going on a food binge. “There’s always medication” is the lamest excuse you can give.
3. Come early. Vikings Bacolod is open daily for lunch from 11 am to 2:30 pm and for dinner at 5:30 pm to 10 pm. Be at Vikings Bacolod as soon as they open for lunch or dinner to give you enough time to savor the food, try out other food you’re not familiar with, and enjoy the company of the people you love.
4. Feast with your eyes first. The choices of food might overwhelm you upon entering. There’s 200+ food choices! So I suggest you go around first and take a look at all the choices. Take note also of all your favorite food you want to eat.
5. Get only the food you love. You might be tempted to #EatLikeAViking but I suggest to only get a little of everything you love first and get only what you can eat. I like it that the serving portions are small enough so that you only get what you can consume so there’s little chance you’ll have leftovers. By only getting the food you love, you are already familiar with the taste so you can judge if the food at Vikings Bacolod is good or over-hyped.
6. Forget about unli-rice. As with the different food choices you have at Vikings Bacolod, rice should be the last thing on your mind. Although there are food with rice in them like the sushi and boneless lechon, just eat small portions so you don’t get full immediately. Unless these are your favorite food.
7. Eat slowly. It is not a food eating contest so there’s no need to hurry. Do not gobble down your food. Savor and enjoy your food. Eating slowly also leads to better digestion. You don’t want to go home feeling bloated with stomachache.
8. Try other food choices. After you have your fill of your favorite foods, it’s time to experiment. But first, allow enough time for the food to settle down. Again, remember to take only small portions so that you won’t waste a lot of food if it turned out not according to your taste buds.
9. Drink moderately. Not only in alcoholic beverages but in the other drinks as well. There are also a wide array of choices for juices in concoctions that are really refreshing. Drink only just enough to wash down your food to avoid getting full immediately.
10. Relax and enjoy. Now that you have your fill, relax and enjoy some beer or sake if you must. For the sweet-toothed, you can have all the desserts you want. There are 50 choices including two chocolate fountains, ice creams, kakanins and local Negrense delicacies. For coffee drinkers like me, nothing is more satisfying than a cup of brewed coffee after a full meal.
It really doesn’t matter much if a certain food is expensive in other restaurants and you want to get the most from what you paid for at Vikings Bacolod. What matters most is you get to eat the food you love to your heart and tummy’s delight, with the people you love.