There are a lot of chicken inasal in the Philippine market today claiming to be the authentic Bacolod Chicken Inasal. But of course, we all know that most of them don’t come as close to the real Bacolod Chicken Inasal. If you want to eat the real thing, visit the Manokan Country if you’re in Bacolod City or you can cook chicken inasal yourself. It’s actually very easy. The secret is in the marinade.
Those who want to cook inasal nga manok at home can use the recipe below by CefBitoy.
1 head of garlic
1 tbsp calamansi
3 medium size onions
4 stalks of lemon grass
2 tbsp ginger
½ cup sukang tuba
1/3 cup seasoning (Knorr or Maggi seasoning dissolved in 1/3 cup water)
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp annatto seeds
½ cup oil
6 pcs chicken legs and breast quarters
Large size bbq stick
*Adjust and substitute seasoning according to taste
- Mince aromatic vegetables and set aside
- Slice chicken quarters lengthwise and make a butterfly cut. Do not separate the meat.
- Prepare shicken marinade. Mix all ingresients except oil, annatto, chilis.
- Add the chicken and mix it well. Make sure to coat all sides with marinade.
- Marinade chicken for at least four hours in room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
Prepare annatto seeds infused oil.
- Heat about ½ cup of oil and annatto seeds locally known as atsuwete. Turn off the hear as soo as the oil bright red in color.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Strain marinade and mix in about 1/3 cup of annatto infused oil. Use this mixture as baste for the chicken.
- Skewer chicken pieces with bamboo bbq stick. Grill on a wooden charcoal.
- Baste chicken pieces with oil and marinade mixture to prevent the chicken from burning and sticking on the grill.
- Keep on basting while turning chicken pieces.
- Chicken bbq are ready when it turns golden brown and lightly seared, and clear juice comes out from the meat.
- Brown 2 cloves of minced garlic in one tablespoon of annatto infused oil.
- Add a cup of cooked rice and season it with salt. Cook until the rice absorbs the oil.
- Ingredients: Coconut sap vinegar, chilis, soy sauce.
- Mix ingredients according to your taste.
Latest posts by Glady Reyes (see all)
- KonsultaMD Provides Professional Medical Services Anytime, Anywhere - July 26, 2016
- 10 Tips For The Best Vikings Bacolod Experience - July 7, 2016
- AirAsia announces direct flights to Shanghai from Manila - May 13, 2016