The Negros Bloggers in cooperation with SM City Bacolod sponsored a Blogging Seminar entitled “Everything About Blogging: From Hobby to Money” held yesterday, September 17, 2011 at SM City Bacolod Activity Center. More than 50 participants attended the seminar composed mostly students who want to learn more about blogging.
Gil Severino made a short overview of the Negros Boggers logo designed by Mark Will Magallanes which was voted by the members of the Negros Bloggers from among 5 entries. The logo has its inspiration from the Filipino ancient writing script alibata or baybayin.
Speakers were Eric Dee of Byahilo who talked on “Blogging 101: Blogging Basics and Tips” and Lloyd Tronco of Talonggo who talked on “Why Negrenses Should Blog.” Eric has been a travel blogger for 7 years and his blog has the most extensive coverage of various festivals int he country. Lloyd on the other hand is a professional internet marketer and has extensive experience in advertising and marketing communications. Below is his inspiring presentation on why we should blog and the roles of bloggers.
Below are the people who made the event possible.
- Eric and Lloyd for their support for the Negros Bloggers and for accepting our challenge to be the speakers fro this event, pro bono.
- Lorena Martinez of SM City Bacolod for allowing us the use of the activity center. SM City has always been supportive of our various activities.
- Negros Daily Bulletin for providing a full page print ad for the Negros Bloggers.
- Fellow Negros Bloggers, Audrey of Lagawan for the delicious Sugarlandia barquillos and Eduardo Joven for the Pinoy Recipe T-Shirt.
- The rest of the Negros Bloggers, thank you for the cooperation and camaraderie.
Until our next activity!