The Panaad sa Negros Festival made it to the Hall of Fame of the ATOP-DOT Pearl Awards after it won Best Tourism Event in the Provincial Festival Category for the third consecutive year at the awards night last October 6, 2017 at the Iloilo Convention Center in Iloilo City.
Panaad sa Negros Festival, considered as the “Mother of All Festivals” in Negros Occidental, held every summer and showcase all festivals in Negros Occidental at the Panaad Park and Stadium were 13 cities and 19 municipalities have permanent pavilions featuring the best that they can offer.
Other LGUs and local tourism events and in Negros Occidental were also awarded.
- Sipalay Kite Festival (Best Tourism Event -Sports Category (Grand Winner)
- Sagay City (Best Tourism Month Celebration-City Category (Grand Winner)
- Sipalay City (Best Tourism Month Celebration-City Category (1st Runner up)
- Suyac Island Journey: Coastal Communities Resources Advocacies to Boost Sustainability (Best Practices on Community-based Responsible Tourism) – Grand Winner
- Victorias Agri-Ecotourism Enhancement Program Best Practices on Community-based Responsible Tourism (2nd Runner up)
- Silay Heritage Program, Best Community-based Heritage Conservation Project – City Category (1st Runner up)
- Cadiz City (Best Tourism-Oriented LGU – City Category (2nd Runner up)
The Negros Occidental delegates at the ATOP National Convention and Pearl Awards were Provincial Planning and Development Coordinator Ma. Lina Sanoga, , Provincial Tourism Officer Cristine Mansinares, Special Programs and Concerns Division head Ian de Ramos, tourism officers and other local officials.