Fast Facts (from Wikipedia)
Region : Western Visayas
Province : Negros Occidental
District : 1st District of Negros Occidental
Income Class : 5th class; partially urban
Barangays : Bago-Lalong, Bagong Silang-Marcelo, Bunga, Igmaya-an, Kumaliskis, Pandanon,Pinowayan-Prosperidad
How to get there: The fastest route would be following the Negros Translink Ecotourism Highway hich takes 1 hour and 30 minutes on a private car. Commuters have the option to either take the bus or the V-hire. You can catch one at the Ceres South Terminal near Libertad, Bacolod City.
Things to look forward to in Don Salvador Benedicto:
- The high altitude and cool climate similar to Tagaytay.
- Long and winding roads which follows the contour of one mountain to another. The trip’s no hassle though with the local government’s efforts of providing its constituents with a well-constructed and well maintained road system. And you’d wonder why your local government, with a higher income class, couldn’t do the same for your own town.
- Experience the Magnetic Hill at KM34 SB13 road marker.
- Kape Musang. Although this is highly seasonal but you might try your luck and ask around.
- Villa Ica Garden, the perfect garden setting for weddings, anniversaries, family gatherings. They are currently undertaking maintenance construction in preparation for the wedding the son’s owner come April 2009 (and we are invited, wohooo!)
- Monkeys hanging freely on trees by the roadside. We’ve actually seen one near the municipal hall.
- The Signature Plant at the DSB Municipal Hall. All the town hall’s visitors are enjoined to write their names on the leaves of the signature plant. It’s grown tall now so I guess they will have to provide a ladder for visitors to do that.